40 Examples of Complex Sentence, Complex Sentences Examples
The structure consisting of a series of words describing emotions, thoughts and situations is called a sentence. The sentence types differ according to their meanings, structures, verb location and verb type. There are various sentences in English according to their structures. These are divided into simple sentences, compound sentences and complex sentences.
In a simple sentence, usually at least one subject is a verb, an object, and sometimes an indirect object. These words make meaning when they come together.
Complex sentences are referred to as an main clause and subordinate clause one sentence. Even if a subject and a verb are found in a sentence, that sentence does not make mean. When these clauses are connected to a main sentence with a conjunction or a pronoun, it can make meaning.
Here are 40 examples of complex sentence;
1. Although she ran very fast, she lost the race.
2. They didn’t go to the party, although they were invited.
3. Though the weather was very cold and snowy, the kids played outside.
4. She doesn’t want to go to the doctor ,though she is very sick.
5. They met in order to get information from each other about the project.
6. Let me know if you go to the school.
7. Whoever says so is a liar.
8. I go to work on Sundays, but I don’t go to work on Saturday.
9. We couldn’t go to the park today, however, we had a lot of work, we couldn’t play games at home.
10. You are important for me; nonetheless, sometimes I feel like you don’t even take care of me.
11. Neither Mark nor Mary were at the school yesterday.
12. The more you can dream, the more you can do.
13. I would rather go out than stay at home today.
14. Scarcely had I gone to bed when the doorbell rang.
15. I will go to England in order to improve my English.
16. She is not our best worker, but nevertheless she tries very hard.
17. It’s raining very hard today. However, let’s go out and enjoy ourselves!
18. In spite of the fog, planes are still landing.
19. While I like pop music my husband hates it.
20. In spite of all the cooking shows I’ve watched, I’m still no good in the kitchen.
21. He came first. Therefore he got a good seat.
22. Although studying French seems difficult, it’s simpler than you think.
23. I will register as soon as possible and start working.
24. She loved flowers, and I always bought her flowers, however she didn’t like to get them.
25. She didn’t want to go to the dentist, yet she went anyway.
26. My father’s job is very difficult, but He enjoys going to work every day.
27. As soon as Marry arrives in the room, I will start telling her what we are experiencing today.
28. I would like to help you with this and ease your burden, yet unfortunately, I have no time.
29. Would you rather go to the movie that we talked about last night or spend the day at home with Netflix?
30. Some people disagree with this theory, however, it’s never been proven right.
31. George is very clever but he doesn’t study his lessons.
32. I could not go to school early because I studied lesson until last night.
33. Unless you are to tired let’s go for a walk at the park.
34. I studied for long hours at night, therefore I got very high marks from the final exams.
35. I want to sleep at home, but on the other hand, I have to get into work and earn money.
36. I cannot come with you, I have to go to work. In addition, there is someone I need to see at 2 p.m., sorry.
37. Whenever my aunt comes to us, she brings some good gifts for my brothers.
38. As a result, these issues are not for you because your age is much younger.
39. She speaks three languages besides
40. Jack is completely unlike his father.