5 Idioms About BIRD and Example Sentences
Bird idioms help the English language to be spoken more fluently and help improve the language technically.
Bird feed: Indicates a small amount of money or items.
- The amount of money I received last night was as much as bird feed, and I was very worried about it.
Bird hearted: It means easy to be scared and cowardly.
- Tommy introduced his friend as a bird-hearted and annoyed his friend.
Birds come home to perch: A person’s words or actions come back to cause trouble.
- Jean always treats other people very rude. However, he came home to roost the birds, and now people are very rude to him now.
Bird story: It means an absurd story.
- Elia told her teacher a bird story about why she didn’t do her homework.
Cooking goose: To damage a person’s plans is to harm or destroy a person
- Tahanna sued her company and cooked her goose.