20 Sentences of Past Perfect Tense Examples, 20 Sentences in Past Perfect Tense
When we construct a sentence in the past, we may want to talk about the events that happened in the past. In addition, it is possible to talk about our plans for the past. We need to use a different structure in the sentences in which we want to add such complex time meanings. In general, this structure is called past perfect tense. This tense structure makes us feel more free when talking about the past. In addition, this dense and complex structure is frequently used in novels.
Past perfect tense is often used to create a sequence relationship between two different events that occurred in the past. In this way, which can be more easily understood which is experienced before and after. In today’s article, we will see the positive and negative sentence setup with past perfect tense in detail. Let’s start.
Here are 20 Sentences of Past Perfect Tense Examples;
1. The baby had cried before her father came.
2. Had the water boiled when you went to kitchen?
3. I had never seen such a nice beach before I went to Hawaii.
4. Had she come late to the school?
5. I had lived in London, before I moved to Paris.
6. By the time I returned home, he had already left.
7. Until he went to England, he had not spoken English.
8. I went there after I had completed the task.
9. When I came home, they had already eaten the meal.
10. He began to run after he had seen the cat.
11.She had hurt her back in an accident at her workplace.
12.The baby had cried till the morning.
13.He had gone when she became ill.
14.I had not washed the dishes until you came the home.
15.They had not been married when I was born.
16.Had he spoken English until he went to England?
17.By the time we came, she had finished the project.
18.She had done her homework so she was happy.
19.Had he lived in London?
20.She had not come late to the school.