30 Verb Sentences, Verb Examples in Sentences
Verbs are the action words in a sentence that describe what the subject is doing.
The main verb is also called a sentence or a basic verb. This statement means the existence of the verb, which is extremely important in the sentence. In general, the main verb shows the presence of the subject or what action he / she has taken. The main verbs can be used alone or in conjunction with an helping verb, also called the helping verb.
Helping verbs generally make aid and help as in their name. Different types of helping verbs support or encourage the main verbs in different ways. For example, we can show tense (when and where the actions are used), intention, possibility or ability. The primary helping verbs are ‘to do’, ‘to be’ and ‘to have’.
Here are 30 Verb Sentences;
1. It snows a lot in winter in Russia.
2. We live in Texas.
3. Water freezes at 0°C.
4. I like to draw pictures.
5. You go to holiday every summer.
6. I must draw up three papers in as many days.
7. He plays the trumpet, and she plays the trombone.
8. I lent my mother some money.
9. Please lend me your spoon.
10. She always forgets her purse.
11. We have a cash flow problem.
12. A river flows through the valley.
13. That river flows into the Mexico City.
14. The Rhine flows between France and Germany.
15. I studied for long hours at night, therefore I got very high marks from the final exams.
16. We watched TV last night.
17. I will go to England in order to improve my English.
18. My uncle sang his son to sleep.
19. Some people disagree with this theory, however, it’s never been proven right.
20. She didn’t want to go to the dentist, yet she went anyway.
21. Had the water boiled when you went to kitchen?
22. I had never seen such a nice beach before I went to Hawaii.
23. Had she come late to the school?
24. I had lived in London, before I moved to Paris.
25. By the time I returned home, he had already left.
26. The children had been playing in the garden before my mother came.
27. She had been walking since she got up.
28. They had been serving him the whole day.
29. They had been looking for you for hours.
30. She had not come late to the school.