English Since in a Sentence, Definiton and Example Sentences
The word “since” comes before the reference time. There are some situations that need attention in this regard.
For example, there are many word pairs that appear to be used the same way in English, but are actually different in purpose.
‘Since’ and ‘for’ are one of these pairs.
A brief explanation of ‘Since’ and ‘for’ can give a clearer idea of when to use. Both words have different meanings, so you shouldn’t be surprised when you see them in different contents.
- How long is it since Tommy was in New York?
- Nobody has seen her since Samara went to London 3 years ago.
- My aunt was seriously ill last month, but has got doing so well ever since then.
- This company was founded in 1988. It is actively selling products since then
- How long have you been since reading?
- Their children have been waiting for them since they left.
- Almost ten centuries have passed since America was founded.
- It has improved since I last saw Elisa.