But For in a Sentence, Definiton and Example Sentences
But for is an idiomatic usage for the expression ‘if it were not for’ . It is used when something happened or didn’t happen due to the occurrence of some other event.
- But for Jesica help, you couldn’t have finished your homework.
- But for the help teacher, she might have been killed
- But for the rain, the fire wouldn’t have spread at such
- But for Jelly, you was done for
- But for the snow they should have had a pleasant journey
- But for this!