40 Sentences with Prepositions, Definition and Example Sentences
When names have the meaning of place or time, they have some suffixes in front of them. These additions give them a direction and decorate the meaning in the sentence.
The predicate is predominant in English and the sentence formation goes to the beginning.
As a result, these prepositions, which we call preposition, also come at the beginning of words.
As all prepositions have their original meanings, they can sometimes come together with words in sentences and produce different meanings other than their own meanings.
Here are 40 Sentences with Prepositions;
1. Besides: Besides, it’s still early for me.
2. Between: My home is between library and bank.
3. Beside: The napkin is placed beside the plate.
4. Across: Her house is across the street.
5. Beyond: Barcelona football club’s success is beyond question.
6. Over: The window is over the radiator.
7. But: We are very hungry, but the fridge is empty.
8. Below: Your grade is below average.
9. By: I always goes to work by train.
10. Except: Nobody came the party except George and Alex.
11. Put a period after each sentence.
12. For: Is the coffee too hot for you?
13. From: Where are you from?
14. Hence: We travel hence tomorrow to France.
15. Outsite: There’s a bird’s nest outside my window.
16. Through: The bird flew through the open window.
17. Without: I feel sad without you.
18. About: They have a discussion about football.
19. Above: A plane is flying above the village.
20. Abroad: Mary went abroad.
21. Ago: She came back school a while ago.
22. In: I live in London.
23. In accordance with: In accordance with the doctor, she is very sick.
24. In addition to: In addition to his car, he has a jeep.
25. Into: Go into the her room and take wallet.
26. Like: She is very clever like me.
27. Against: His bicycle was leaning against the fence.
28. Near: I live near the sea.
29. Next: The two teams play voleyball the next day.
30. Next to: My wallet is next to pen.
31. In front of: There are many cars parked in front of my house.
32. Ahead of: We are ahead of our work schedule.
33. Along: Are you going along?
34. Amidst: I think my sister was luck woman. My sister was born and reared amidst plenty.
35. As well as: My son plays the piano as well as he plays basketball.
36. In: I can meet you in an hour.
37. Aside: My family has a little money put aside.
38. Through: We walked slowly through the road.
39. Within: She arrived within 10 minutes.
40. Upon: The earth I’m walk upon doesn’t recognize me.