10 Sentences of Past Continuous Tense Examples
The use of past continuous tense is a structure that we should use when describing actions that require process. In today’s article, we will learn how to use such sentences in positive and negative meanings. We will also support this with various example and structure views.
When constructing a positive sentence in Past Continuous Tense structure, you do not need to know the second forms of verbs. Because Ving is used in positive and negative sentences. The words were and was are used to add the meaning of ‘’past ”. When constructing such sentences, you can extend the sentence using the while word and add new information to the sentence.
Here are 10 Sentences of Past Continuous Tense Examples;
- You were watching television last night.
- I was washing the dishes when the phone rang.
- As she was not reading the book, Mary came.
- Was it raining yesterday evening?
- The phone rang while I was taking a bath.
- The students were drawing beautiful pictures when the teacher entered the classroom.
- He was not working when I called him.
- I was reading an interesting book, last night.
- At midnight, we were still driving through the desert.
- Were the children laughing?