10 Examples of Complex Sentence, Complex Sentences Examples
The structure consisting of a series of words describing emotions, thoughts and situations is called a sentence. The sentence types differ according to their meanings, structures, verb location and verb type. There are various sentences in English according to their structures. These are divided into simple sentences, compound sentences and complex sentences.
In a simple sentence, usually at least one subject is a verb, an object, and sometimes an indirect object. These words make meaning when they come together.
Complex sentences are referred to as an main clause and subordinate clause one sentence. Even if a subject and a verb are found in a sentence, that sentence does not make mean. When these clauses are connected to a main sentence with a conjunction or a pronoun, it can make meaning.
Here are 10 examples of complex sentence;
- I want to call his, but I don’t have his phone number.
- Although she ran very fast, she lost the race.
- They didn’t go to the party, although they were invited.
- Though the weather was very cold and snowy, the kids played outside.
- She doesn’t want to go to the doctor ,though she is very sick.
- They met in order to get information from each other about the project.
- Let me know if you go to the school.
- Whoever says so is a liar.
- I go to work on Sundays, but I don’t go to work on Saturday.
- We couldn’t go to the park today, however, we had a lot of work, we couldn’t play games at home.