10 Sentences of Second Conditional Type 2, Second Conditional Examples
If Clause Type 2 is used to think of the opposite of an event that is happening in the present or in the future, to put forward a condition and to express the result of this imaginary condition. Therefore, the tense that we can use must be a bit more past than the tense that we will use to express the truth.
So, that is like to use; would instead of will, did instead of do, could instead of can. It is often used to express wishes and desires for the past.
Here are 10 Sentences of Second Conditional Type 2, Second Conditional Examples;
- If I were you, I would want to be a doctor.
- If I knew the answer, I would tell it to you.
- If Mary had time, she would visit her boyfriend.
- If I understood what the teacher said, I could tell you.
- If she weren’t ill, she would go to the school.
- If I were a chairman, I would offer new and different ideas.
- If I were 22, I would travel the world.
- If I were you, I would not do this.
- If you participated in the election, people would choose you.
- If I didn’t have to work, I would come to the amusement park with you.