10 Sentences of Third Conditional Type 3, Third Conditional Examples
In If Clauses Type 3, it is used to reverse the events that occurred in the past, to put forward a condition and to express the result of that condition. It is usually used for sentences that express complaints.
Would have done and would have been doing
- If he had worn a coat, he wouldn’t have caught a cold.
- If she had started to work earlier, he wouldn’t have still been working at midnight.
Would have been able to and would have had to
- If your friend had helped me with the presentation, I wouldn’t have had to work on it until midnight.
- If I hadn’t run to the bus stop, I wouldn’t have been able to catch the bus.
Might have done (possibility) and could have done (permission and ability)
- If your boyfriend had been well-qualified, he might have been considered for the post.
- If he hadn’t learnt all the prepositions by heart, I couldn’t have done well on the test.
Here are 10 Sentences of Third Conditional Type 3, Third Conditional Examples;
- If she had found his phone number, she might have called him for the party.
- If she had driven carefully, she wouldn’t have had an accident.
- If she had gone on a picnic, she would have had a lot of fun.
- If I had waited for you more, I would have missed the plane.
- If Marry had had a meeting, she would have gone to the Office.
- If he had been good at math, he would have got a high score from the exam last week.
- If we had had the necessary ingredients for a cake, we could have made a cake.
- If I had been a smart boy, I would not have annoyed my mother.
- If I had found her address, I would have sent her an invitation.
- If I could have spoken English very well, I would have talked to the tourists in Paris.