10 Despite in a Sentence, Definiton and Example Sentences
In English, ‘despite’ connects the name and the sentence and gives opposite meaning.
‘Despite‘ is not used when connecting two sentences. Some verbs are named after “-ing” and can be used as such.
‘Despite’ can be connected to two sentences by adding “the fact that” at the end.
- Despite her tiredness, Elisa tries to help us
- Despite his height, he cannot play good basketball.
- Despite she works hard, she doesn’t make much money.
- We went out despite the snow.
- Despite applying for hundreds of jobs, he is still unemployed.
- He remained poor, despite he was a hardworking worker.
- Despite many obstacles, he refused to give up.
- Despite state protection, he became a victim of an assassination attempt that killed him.
- We continued to progress despite the obstacles.