How to Use A & An, Articles Example Sentences
- A / an is used only with countable singular nouns. Those who start with the consonant letter have “a” tag at the beginning of the word, and nouns that begin with a vowel that will have ”an” tag at the beginning of the word.
- A / an is usually used when expressing what an object is. We cannot use countable singular nouns alone.
- I saw an accident of a car.
- That is an excellent pencil.
- Alex is training to be an engineer.
- I need a kilogram of salt.
- I want to be an engineer when I grow up, but my father wants me to be a doctor.
- Today, an inspector came to our school to visit.
- The man you saw there is an Englishman.