30 Passive Voice Sentences, Passive Voice Exercises
Passive Voice is used in sentences in which the object affected by the action or situation becomes the subject. Such sentences often reflect a more literary ambiance.
You can often come across such objects, especially in literary texts. The structure of these sentences is different from the others. The words that should be used in sentences may change according to different time structures. Let’s see an example of a passive voice!
1. The cat was chased by the dog.
2. All the cookies have been eaten.
3. A cake should have been made.
4. You will be helped by them.
5. A book is being bought by me.
6. The professor was tripped by Mary.
7. The children were taken to the circus.
8. The restaurant was renovated in 2017.
9. Two days ago, a pencil had been broken by it, so unfortunately I have to go shopping.
10. The car can be washed by him.
11. The milk had been knocked over by a cat.
12. The doors are going to be locked at nine o’clock.
13. Nowadays, animals are protected by law.
14. My father knew that the church had been built in 2005.
15. This film wasn’t liked by no one.
16. The novel was read by Father in one day.
17. The book has already been discussed.
18. Thank you very much for I was helped by you yesterday, I was really relieved during the day.
19. My car was stolen yesterday.
20. The fish was caught by the seagull.
21. That museum has been visited by many tourists.
22. A car was bought by him yesterday and he felt very happy all day long. So we are glad too.
23. As always, an apple is being eaten by Mary. This is an indication of how healthy he is.
24. When she heard that her dog had been killed, she burst into tears.
25. A notebook had been bought by him yesterday, so he started working today.
26. Mr. Smith is loved by all the students in the class.
27. Their house is being painted.
28. A movie is going to be watched by us tonight.
29. The sandwich was eaten by the dog.
30. The Internet is used by people to learn and share new information.